Here at Circle Y we offer western style riding lessons to all ages. Our lessons are created not just to teach you to ride a horse, but we also focus on the basic horsemanship facts that everyone should learn about a horse.
- We start every student out with basic instructions on understanding a horse enough to be confident and comfortable when leading, grooming, saddling, and bridling them.
- We teach proper grooming of your horse and include basic information on signs of illness or lameness in a horse.
- The basic stop, go, and turn will be taught to beginners.
- As a rider advances or shows adequate knowledge of the basics, they will move into intermediate training where proper balance, body position, and correct lead changes will be the focus.
- Each students' actual riding lesson will depend on how comfortable and experienced they are before they start with us. (For those of you who already know a little about riding, we just help boost your confidence and improve your skills!)
Our goal is not only to teach you how to ride, but to help you learn how to fully care for a horse. We want all of our students to leave us having the knowledge to care for their very own horse when that day comes for them!
1 Rider using our horse = $60/hour
2 Riders using our horse =$75/hour
1 Rider using own horse = $70/hour
A normal session lasts 1 hour, but sessions can be modified to fit your schedule.
Other family and group discounts are available. We want the whole family to be able to learn together :)
**We now offer work opportunities!!**
Having trouble affording lessons? Want to ride more than once every few weeks? Circle Y now offers a few special "barn" jobs to our lesson riders in exchange for FREE riding time.
We offer summer camps each year to our students ages 8-15. Camps may be 3 to 5 full days packed full of learning opportunities. Message us for more information about our upcoming camp schedules!
Checkout 2016 Camp on Facebook!